Sunday 23 October 2011

Reflecting on Reflections


It has been a couple of weeks since we spent a week on the Oregon coast.  In that time, Texas temps have dropped from 100+ to a more moderate 85 degree days.  Even nicer is the nighttime temps dropping into the great for sleeping sixties. So with the first good nights sleep in months, I’m sitting in the patio reflecting on the reflections seen in Oregon.

Like lighthouses, reflections on water are the obligatory subjects of photography whenever you see them.  The challenge is making a striking image of an often interpreted subject.

Elena used tight composition to give us new perspectives on many familiar waterfront scenes.  I love her images because they are atypical.  They cause the viewer to take a second look to study the reflection sources…or in my case, I say, “Okay, how the heck did you do that!”

My offerings in this posting, although technically okay, lack that “Wow, how was that done,” but what the heck, I like them.  Hope you will also.






Shipwreck at Fort Stevens










No comments:

Post a Comment