Tuesday 10 January 2012

Doors

As I become more involved into photography, I thought this is the right time to make an inventory of my shots to learn what and why I’m photographing more often.
The first object that comes to mind is a door. The door is a well-known symbol of opening, passage from one state or world to another, entrance to new life and liberation. I see doors as objects with a lot of character – they tell a story, keep secrets, invite you to open them to find what’s behind them.
Warehouse close to Farmers Market, Santa Fe, NM

Art Gallery, Madrid, NM

Downtown, Santa Fe, NM


These two doors are from Cedars - a district in Dallas, TX
emerging as a new home for artists


And if the door is a symbol of opportunity, I believe that there are:


You may see the whole Door Collection here: http://www.flickr.com//photos/elka-igolka/sets/72157629064490357/show/

No comments:

Post a Comment